Birth Injuries Caused By Medical Mistakes
A variety of completely preventable fetal injuries can result from the negligence or incompetence of physicians, hospitals, or nurses. Unfortunately, these types of mistakes happen, and whether caused by inattentiveness, inadequate experience, or exhaustion, they can change your life and that of your child for a lifetime. At our Honolulu birth injury firm, we have obtained millions of dollars for our clients — do not hesitate to get in touch with our firm today!
Medical Malpractice in Birth Injury Case — Recovered $10,000,000
Injuries during childbirth can be caused by:
- Failure to perform or correctly interpret the results of prenatal tests
- Administering either too little or too much medication, or administering the wrong kind, during pregnancy or labor
- Failure to identify fetal distress, including an irregular heartbeat
- Failure to order a cesarean surgery when necessary
- Improperly twisting or pulling the infant during delivery
- Failure to identify other complications that lead to difficult deliveries, including a wrapped umbilical cord or a baby's large size
- Improper use of forceps or vacuum-extraction birth-assisting tools
We understand how difficult cases like these can be, and we empathize with the emotional and financial burdens you may be facing. You can be assured that the Honolulu medical malpractice attorneys at Turbin Chu Heidt can build a strong case that may bring you the justice you deserve.
Was Your Child Injured During Birth?
Should you suspect that your child was injured during birth, it is important to monitor your child's symptoms and consult with a doctor in order to lessen any further consequences. The hospital, physicians, or other medical staff can be held liable for any damages related to a birth injury that was caused by medical malpractice.
If your child has any of the following conditions, they may be a victim of medical malpractice:
- Cerebral and Erb's palsy
- Infant brain damage
- Brachial plexus injury
- Hearing or vision loss
- Cognitive and emotional impairment
- Bone and joint dysfunctions
- Psychological complications
Call Our Qualified Honolulu Medical Malpractice Firm
Your case is important to us. With over 35 years of aggregate experience, we have the skill and knowledge of Hawaii law to fight for the just compensation you need for the ongoing care of your child. Our Honolulu medical malpractice lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for our clients and take pride in our history of success. Since there is no charge to you unless we win your case, you can be assured that you have nothing to lose.
Call our personal injury law firm today for a free consultation!