Turbin Chu Heidt Attorneys at Law
Call for a Free Consultation 808-528-4000
contact us
contact Menu


Rich-seminar-300x268.jpgRichard Turbin recently taught a lawyers' seminar for NBI (National Business Institute) at the Ala Moana Hotel on making claims on behalf of clients for uninsured (UM) or underinsured (UIM) motorist policy.

What are uninsured (UM) & underinsured (UIM) motorist policies?

Both UM and UIM are additional insurance coverage that a person buys to provide additional money to cover a person's injuries in a collision. If a person gets hit by a driver with no insurance (UM) or a minimum policy of $20,000, but his/her injuries are much more serious and the liable party has no assets to pay a fair compensation to the injured party, then the UM or UIM benefit will apply to provide additional compensation for those injuries.

When anyone buys insurance or renews an auto policy, you would be wise to include UM or UIM for as much as you can reasonably afford. For just a little bit more money, you can rest assured that if you are in a serious accident and the medical bills are high and you may have long term disability, you will be glad that you have the extra insurance.

Whenever you sign up for auto insurance, you automatically get the same amount of coverage as a liability policy in UM and UIM, unless you specifically reject it. This becomes your own policy to cover you and your family members. We automatically go after our clients' UM and UIM policies, which provide welcome relief to injured parties and their families.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

contact us free consultations

office location

Turbin Chu Heidt Attorneys at Law
737 Bishop Street
Suite 2730
Honolulu, HI 96813

Phone: 808-379-3586
Phone: 808-528-4000
Fax: 808-599-1984
Honolulu Law Office Map