Your Local Hawaii Personal Injury And Medical Malpractice Firm

Working with an attorney to file a maritime claim

On Behalf of | Sep 20, 2019 | Maritime Injuries |

Hawaii is known for some of the most beautiful beaches and bodies of water in the world. As more and more people take to the seas for work and tourist activities, getting injured on a boat is becoming all too common. If you have been injured while out on the water, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the parties responsible for your injuries.

If you are a seaman who was injured while on-the-job, you may be able to file a lawsuit and recover damages under the Jones Act. Generally, in a lawsuit the plaintiff will have to prove that the employer or other parties were negligent in failing to provide a safe work place, having defective equipment, or failing to provide adequate training for employees.

If you are a tourist who was injured while on vacation, you may also be able to recover damages from the negligent parties responsible for your injuries. For instance, if a person is injured on a rented sailboat, it may be possible to recover damages if a lawsuit can show that the company that owns the boat negligently failed to make repairs, train staff, or conduct proper inspections.

The attorneys at Turbin Chu Heidt have over 35 years of experience dealing with all maritime law and personal injury issues in Hawaii. With this experience, we have helped hundreds of clients injured at sea recover damages to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our attorneys can thoroughly evaluate your case and help you with every step of the legal process.