Turbin Chu Heidt Attorneys at Law
Call for a Free Consultation 808-528-4000
contact us
contact Menu

You can make a claim if you lose a loved one in a crash

Losing a loved one because of a car crash is devastating. One moment, you're thinking of the things you want to do together. The next, you're planning a funeral.

It's hard on everyone when someone dies. Spouses, parents, children, siblings and other family members may not be sure where to turn for support. That's why a representative from the estate needs to reach out to an attorney as soon as possible.

When someone you love dies in a car crash caused by another person, it's called a wrongful death. It's a result of someone else's carelessness, reckless behavior or negligence behind the wheel. It's their fault that the crash happened, and they should be held responsible for covering the costs associated with your loved one's medical care, funeral costs, lost wages and other impacts.

There is nothing that can be done to bring back the person you lost, but pursing a claim for compensation can help make the situation easier on those who are still living. Some of the losses you may be able to claim for include:

  • Pain and suffering of your loved one before they passed
  • Loss of consortium
  • Lost wages
  • Medical care
  • Funeral costs

Your attorney will walk you through all the steps of filing such an important claim. As a loved one who is truly and deeply affected by the death of this person, you can pursue a claim and ask that the other party takes responsibility for the negative impact they've had on your family. Our site has more on the steps you can take next.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

contact us free consultations

office location

Turbin Chu Heidt Attorneys at Law
737 Bishop Street
Suite 2730
Honolulu, HI 96813

Phone: 808-379-3586
Fax: 808-599-1984
Honolulu Law Office Map